The university's collection of mathematical literature includes 20,000 books and 285 current journals.
The Mathematics Collection is located in open stacks on Level B of the Olin Library, Danforth campus, WUSTL.
Math textbooks and math dissertations are located in the Mathematics Reading Room in Cupples I, ground floor, room 16, for use within the Mathematics Department.
You may view the Mathematics Collection virtually or in-person. Anyone with a valid WUSTL ID may borrow books.
Many Olin Library services are available through the web. The General Information Page for the Mathematics Collection includes:
- current hours,
- links to the catalog and catalog services (such as book requests/renewal, MOBIUS request),
- online databases,
- online services (such as interlibrary loan and Ask US!).
From the page, look for and click the Math Library link for details.
The Mathematics Collection consists of research books and journals. Information on materials of more general interest such as:
- a "Textbook" collection with a variety of recent texts used in our courses,
- lighter materials on mathematics,
- our "Problem-Solving" collection containing books that many have found helpful,
- video presentations by outstanding mathematicians,
can also be found on the General Information Page.
The Math Research Guide is designed to assist your research.
News about the Mathematics Collection is distributed at Math Library News. Please visit this site regularly or add the site's RSS feed to your e-mail or RSS reader.
Our mathematics librarian is eager to help and hear from math department students and researchers. E-mail questions, suggestions, and requests for appointment to discuss library issues to Ruth Lewis.
Mathematics Collection Links: